Rates

Projects are priced individually based on services required, length, complexity, and your deadlines. For indie authors, this generally works out to $0.03 per word for light to medium copy editing. (Check out this post on “reasonable” rates!) The Editorial Freelancers Association has a helpful rate card for comparison. To request a quote, please use this contact form.

Contracts

When you decide to procure services, you’ll receive an easy-to-read contract that lays out a detailed description of the services Jen will provide, as well as payment terms. A contract ensures you receive the services for which you’re paying and protects the integrity of your work. If you have questions or concerns about contracts or about the services spelled out in your contract, get in touch as soon as possible so we can make mutually agreeable adjustments. You can take a look at a sample contract here.

Payment Options

The preferred method of receiving payment is PayPal. Jen can accept alternate methods of payment except for personal checks or concealed cash. (If you have questions about payment, please get in touch!) For large projects (such as manuscripts), a 25 percent nonrefundable down payment is required to begin work and secure a slot on Jen’s editing calendar. The remaining 75 percent of the fee is due within seven business days of project completion.